Beer Joints and Mormons....

Beer joints and Mormons, good dogs, loving neighbors and homemade flour tortillas ….that’s the background of a Johanna Street kid….
We grew up rough….we saw a lot of life that other kids did not as they grew up in the 50’s…but we were safe in that little cocoon of that little neighborhood, bordered by a main street that grew into a free way, and a road running south to Mexico. Horses in my backyard, dogs curled up by my feet every night, nothing could touch me….except when my dad died. Blurry memories there….sometimes brought out with a jerk with the discovery a new photo of him…those eyes of mine looking back at me.

 
Hillard Vernon Webb, USN

Comments

Unknown said…
Such a tragic and heartbreaking loss. Gentle hugs to you, my friend. xoxo

Popular posts from this blog

Boomer's at the Bridge Repost Aug 2007 Blog

Pandemic

It's You.